Cheetos have long been a favorite snack food in America, but it has a fairly limited menu application. Or so one might have thought. After all, it’s just a snack food, right? Wrong!
In a new promotional campaign this fall, Cheetos is launching a Flamin’ Hot pop-up restaurant in Hollywood for three-days in September, featuring meals developed by celebrity chef Roy Choi. The restaurant is named The Flamin’ Hot Spot and all the dishes are inspired by Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. (The concept is similar to one that Cheetos did a year ago with a pop-up restaurant in New York City with a menu developed by Chef Anne Burrell.)
According to Cheetos, they noticed a trend among customers and restaurants with Cheetos finding its way into creative menus including bagels, sushi, and burritos. The Flamin’ Hot Spot will have appetizers, main courses, and desserts.
Some of the menu highlights include:
- Hot Ap-Paw-Tizers
- Flamin’ Hot Elotes
- Flamin’ Hot Chipotle Ranch Wings
- Flamin’ Eats
- Xxtra Flamin’ Hot Rice Bowl
- Hot Cheetos Burrito
- Cheetos Sweetos Hot Cakes
- Chester Cheetah’s Churros
Unfortunately, if you want to dine there, the three-day event is already sold-out and has a long wait list! But don’t worry – all of the recipes will be available for free in a digital cookbook on the Cheetos Web site. Ingredients are also available on Amazon Fresh.
Are you hungry for something flamin’ hot now?
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Poll students: Who eats Cheetos?
- View video: https://youtu.be/-RWb_8G6Eyo
- Show Web site: https://www.cheetosflaminhotspot.com/#menu
- How does the restaurant fit into a promotion plan for Cheetos?
- Does this new restaurant change the positioning of Cheetos in the product life cycle?
Source: Ad Week