Taco Bell has been expanding its offerings the past few years as it competes with other fast food outfits. But still, how can a fast food outlet truly differentiate from the competition? What could a company do that would be first-to-market? Hmmm….
Taco Bell has an idea on an offer that is really unique – weddings! That’s right, weddings!
Beginning this summer, Taco Bell will hold weddings at its new Las Vegas Cantina restaurant. For only $600, couples can get a wedding ceremony held inside the restaurant, including an ordained minister, with as little as four hours advance notice. And that’s not all! There is also a private area in the restaurant for a reception with up to 15 of your closest family and friends. And, if you forgot to buy a gift, there is a selection of custom merchandise including sauce packet garters, bow ties, champagne flutes, and a Taco 12-pack along with Cinnabon Delights cake for dessert. Forgot the bouquet? No worries. A sauce packet bouquet is also available for brides.
Located on the Las Vegas strip, the new restaurant features two-stories, modern design and art work, VIP lounge, DJ booth, open-kitchen viewing, and serves beer and Twisted Freezes 24-hours.
Ready to tie the knot?
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Poll students: Where was the last wedding they attended?
- Show the Taco Bell site: https://www.tacobell.com/loveandtacos
- Poll students again: Who would consider getting married there? Why or why not?
- Discuss the various promotional tactics that can be used for launching a product.
- Have students come up with tactics and list all the tactics on the white board (ex: billboards, print, direct mail, etc.).
- Divide students into groups to work on this exercise.
- For Taco Bell weddings, have each team select three different tactics. For each tactic, explain why it was selected and how it will be used.
Source: Time magazine, Mashable, other news sources