Consumers are usually in a rush. And we also forget to re-order certain products in time to prevent a stock-out at home. Luckily, Amazon has a solution for easy reordering of 266 different products, just in time to avoid running out of basic supplies! Just push a button and the order is placed and shipped automatically. The company now offers three new product options that can be ordered via Dash – Amazon gift cards, Amazon Basics batteries, and Amazon Basics pet supplies.
Amazon Dash Buttons are now available for more than 266 different consumer products, including customer favorites such as Tide, Bounty, Clorox, Gatorade, Gillette, and more. Buttons are small Wi-Fi connected devices that can be attached to most any surface or location. To use it, customers download the app, sign into their Prime account, connect Dash to Wi-Fi, and select the product to reorder. Amazon sends an order confirmation to the customer’s phone, making it easy to track or cancel the order. The buttons initially cost $4.99 and are available only for Amazon Prime members. (For every Button purchased, Amazon gives the buyer $4.99 in credit.)
No need for a list – or for going to a store. Just press a button and products appear soon after!
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- View Amazon’s Web site and video:
- While the buying process may vary slightly for different products and target markets, the basic 5-step process remains the same: problem recognition, information search, evaluation of alternatives, purchase decision, and post-purchase behavior.
- Discuss the difference between convenience, shopping, specialty, and unsought goods.
- How does the Dash button fit into the buying process?
- Will it work for products that required extended decision making?
- Divide students into teams. Have each team identify other products that could benefit from this approach as well as product or services that would not benefit from the reorder buttons.