When designing marketing and advertising campaigns, we can all learn by examining the best campaigns and dissecting their elements.
What makes a great campaign? While there are multiple elements that go into it, a strong focus on the needs of the target market, graphical elements, and focused messages all contribute. View some of the lists of 2013 top advertising and determine for yourself what makes them leaders.
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Discuss the different types of advertising that can be used for marketing products.
- Have students list the various approaches that can be used (i.e., funny, dramatic, etc.)
- View some of the ads on the following sites:
- Divide students into teams. Have each select a different ad and analyze the components.
- Debrief the exercise by putting together the elements on the white board.
- As a final step, have the class vote on their favorite ad.
Source: Ad Age Daily, Brandchannel.com, Google