Taco Bell has very loyal customers. In fact, some customers love Taco Bell so much that they never want to leave! Unfortunately, there are store hours to maintain. But fear not Taco Bell loyalists – if you really want to live at Taco Bell, try its new boutique hotel called (appropriately) The Bell.
Yes, the Taco Bell Hotel and Resort opens this summer in Palm Springs! The resort is open for a limited time only, but promises a “destination inspired by tacos and fueled by fans.” According to the company, this will be the flavor getaway of the year as everything from the rooms, food, and cocktails will have a Taco Bell twist.
Feeling a little stressed? Then this is the place for Taco Bell lovers to relax. The on-site salon will offer nail art, fades, and a braid bar all inspired by the Taco Bell theme. Few details have been announced so far, but reservations open in June for the adult-only (18 and older) hotel.
This isn’t the only unique hotel in the new era of experiential marketing. There is also a Trivial Pursuit Hotel in Russia where guests get rooms, food, and more by correctly answering trivia questions!
Where do you want to stay?
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Poll students: What are their hotel experiences?
- Discuss travel, hotels, resorts and what today’s young travelers are looking for in their hotels.
- Show the Taco Bell Hotel Web site: https://www.tacobell.com/the-bell-hotel
- Also show video for the Trivial Pursuit Hotel: https://youtu.be/TPLORyhEBGQ
- Divide students into teams: If they could design a new, experiential hotel, what would it be like?
- Have teams identify the target market and the marketing mix for their new hotel idea.
- Debrief the exercise and vote on which resort the class will visit!
Source: Griner, D. (16 May 2019). Taco Bell is opening a boutique branded hotel called the Bell. Ad Week.