It’s a small thing, but a pet peeve of many coffee drinkers is that they absolutely hate it when their mugs of coffee get cold, and have to be microwaved or refilled in order to be hot again. Reheating changes the taste. And then it gets cold again, and has to be reheated yet again, and so on…There should be a solution for the cold desktop mug of coffee.
And, now there is a solution. Enter the Ember Ceramic Mug to solve the dilemma. The mug incorporates technology that helps keep the drink at whatever temperature is needed. Using Ember’s app, the ideal temperature for each beverage can be set automatically. The sleekly styled mug has a change cooling system, micro-processor controlled heating system, and network of sensors – all working to keep the beverage at the ideal temperature!
The innovative design won Ember a coveted TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2017 award. Priced at $79.95, Ember’s mug is not cheap. The white ceramic mug comes with charging coaster, is fully submersible (but wash by hand), and can maintain temperatures for hours on end.
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Discuss the importance of setting objectives. Explain SMART objectives – specific, measureable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound.
- Show Ember’s Web site and products: https://ember.com/
- Video is available: https://youtu.be/7Vy_y52oZos
- Video: https://youtu.be/j9YAvpJTF9w
- Divide students into teams. Have each team develop five SMART objectives for this product.
- Discuss the objectives. How would the objectives change if a different marketing strategy was used?
- Debrief the exercise.
Source: Pierce, D. (12 Dec., 2017). I can’t stop drinking coffee out of this temperature-regulated mug. Wired Magazine.