Tired of spilling coffee? Sick of trying to drink a cold cup of coffee? Then you’re in luck. Enter a new product, chewable coffee, called GO CUBES. According to the company, the cubes are chewable, gummy coffee bites that “offer enhanced cognitive performance without the anxiety often associated with coffee and energy drinks.”
The company started with a campaign on Indiegogo, hitting more than 300% of its original goal. Funding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo are a good venue for getting feedback from early adopters and starting the company with a solid customer base.
GO CUBES is comprised of a “nootropics” – a class of compounds that can be used for cognitive enhancement with low side effects. (Caffeine is a nootropic recognized for helping with alertness.) GO CUBE believes its customers are people who are in pursuit of some sort of physical or mental enhancement. And, those people only drink coffee for performance are candidates for its products.
How is your energy level today?
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Poll students about their coffee habits. Do they drink coffee? Why or why not?
- Show Go Cubes Web site: https://gocub.es/
- For more information on nootropics:
- Discuss the various promotional tactics that can be used for launching a product.
- Divide students into groups to work on this exercise.
- For Go Cubes, have each team select five different tactics. For each tactic, explain why it was selected and how it will be used.
- Debrief by putting together the entire suggested lists on the white board. As a final step, have the entire class vote on the top three tactics to use.