Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Discuss products that are in the mature stage of the product life cycle. What products are in this stage? How are they marketed?
- Next, discuss various marketing strategies that can be used in the mature stage.
- Poll students and list on the board: all the gum and candy products that they have purchased or know about.
- What are the reasons that people buy gum and candy? What are the distribution points?
- Bring up Wrigley’s Web site (or other gum companies): http://www.wrigley.com/global/index.aspx
- Divide students into teams. Have each team select a gum product, determine a target market, messaging, and campaign.
Source: Chicago Tribune, 9/8/13