If you have a dog, you are probably familiar with having pet hair pretty much everywhere. Floors, furniture, cars, and clothing – all of these attract pet hair! While it is certainly a nuisance, pet hair shedding can also be an irritant and cause allergic reactions. But unless you have a hairless dog (such as the American Hairless Terrier) home life with dogs requires constant dusting, vacuuming, and lint rollers. Or does it?
Enter the Shed Defender. The one-piece leotard keeps pet hair contained and protects furniture and clothing from shedding hair. The body suit keeps the hair inside until the owners wash it out. Available in different sizes and colors, the Shed Defender helps reduce the spread of canine dander and other allergens. Fido can even go visit friends who love dogs, but have allergies to them.
It’s not just for containing shedding hair. The product also helps keep pets calm by keeping them warm and wrapped. And, it can replace the dreaded “cone of shame” that many pets have to wear to keep them from biting and licking wounds.
It might be time to put the lint roller away.
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Discuss the importance of defining a target market.
- Show the Shed Defender Web site: https://sheddefender.com/
- Videos can be found at: https://youtu.be/gpDZK0Xouno
- For Shed Defender product, what is the target market?
- Divide students into teams and have each team develop a profile of a target market for Shed Defender. Include demographics, psychographics, behaviors, values, attitudes, etc.
- Based on the target market profile, what makes this product unique for these customers?
- Debrief the exercise.
Source: Bender, K. (10, Jan. 2018). End dog shedding – and get great Instagrams – with this hilarious dog leotard. People.