After the wedding, come the babies, right? Perhaps not always that way, but this is certainly the case for Domino’s Pizza. Nine months ago (!) the company started a wedding registry for guests who want to give the happy couple pizza parties and party food. Now that the wedding festivities are over, Domino’s still wants to remain involved in the new couple’s life by offering an online baby registry through Gugu Guru.
The new parents-in-waiting can create their own baby gift registry for Domino’s pizza, foods, and gifts, including:
- Hormonal and Hangry pizza
- The Gender Reveal pizza
- Pregnancy food pack
- ‘Dadchelor’ Party food
- Baby goods such as onesies, mugs, tumblers, shirts (Pizza for Two), and more…
And for a limited time, Domino’s also has a big contest give-away for new parents to win pizza for a year, plus a line of baby and parent gifts.
What were you expecting?
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Discuss pizza delivery in general.
- In which stage of the product life cycle is pizza delivery?
- Show the Domino’s baby registry: http://www.dominosbabyregistry.com/
- A brief video can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/N6eeNUQvPqc
- Next, divide students into teams.
- Have each team select a product or service that is in the mature stage of the product life cycle. What can be done to extend the life cycle and increase sales?
Source: Domino’s Pizza (2017, Nov. 29)