Still looking for a unique gift this holiday season? Well, everyone likes to have a gift that is personalized just for them, so it might be worthwhile to consider a package of Oreo cookies that are personalized just for that special someone in your life.
The holiday campaign invites Oreo fans to customize the packaging of the cookies, adding color, graphics, and the recipient’s name. The bright packs showcase exclusive illustrated designs from well-known graphic artists. The customer begins by choosing from a menu of different designs that includes snowmen, penguins, partridges, and more. Then, artist’s design colors can be selected, or the buyer can manually color each image with a digital paint brush. For a final touch, accessories such as scarves and antlers and custom messages complete each package.
While not as cheap as the Oreo cookies that can bought in the store, the custom packages are a way for the company to grow its e-commerce revenue and spread some special holiday cheer.
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Discuss a mass customization approach for manufacturing and marketing. Ask students for their examples of this strategy.
- Show the Oreo custom Web site: https://shop.oreo.com/
- Poll students: What are other applications for personalization of products?
- Divide students into teams. Have each team select a product and develop a custom package approach.
- How could this be deployed?