This is one that you have to see to believe! What does it take to risk it all as a “jetman” in the skies and fly next to an A380 jet? A lot of nerve, practice, and attention to detail. Taking on the challenge were Jetman Dubai and Emirates A380 who combined forces to push the boundaries of air travel with an incredible feat of precision, skill, and risk.
With two human “jetmen” wearing Kevlar wings with four engines, and flying close to an A380 aircraft, the stunt showed how planning, daring, and vision could combine for a unique experience to promote Emirates Air.
Over a period of three months, Emirates and Jetman Dubai worked closely to plan and coordinate the project. Watch the video and marvel at the daring and planning needed to pull off this stunt.
Group Activities and Discussion Questions:
- Show the video: https://youtu.be/_VPvKl6ezyc?list=PL9Xlh2Jq9l7UV9FW94kcao6eL1CR8snEC
- Show the behind-the-scenes video: https://youtu.be/dFCQJ5sYGtI
- Jetman Dubai Web site: http://www.jetman.com/
- Discuss with students how this video can be used to promote the brand of Emirates Air.
- Discuss the various promotional tactics that can be used for launching a product.
- Have students come up with tactics and list all the tactics on the white board (ex: billboards, print, direct mail, etc.).
- For Emirates Airlines, have each team select three different tactics. For each tactic, explain why it was selected and how it will be used/